It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like knowing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a number of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the greatest savings you can. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to inform you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a variety of benefits that can help increase your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Davis Heating & Air Conditioning in Rocky Mount has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 540-369-3790.