With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically heighten your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Davis Heating & Air Conditioning specialist perform air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system operating well for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is working as it should be and can identify looming concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your skilled air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Davis Heating & Air Conditioning a call at [[phonenumber]].