As spring starts, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Rocky Mount? Particularly if your air conditioning system is recently installed or was working just fine last season.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to book any work for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Davis Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot minor problems before they lead to major malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a specialist to take care of intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up within your equipment can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can cause elevated energy needs—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity bill and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps find little troubles before they lead to major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine parts and perform a set of AC performance checks. These detailed processes often allow us to find troubles before they lead to big issues that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free comfort throughout the season. After your air conditioner is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your system is open to premature failure and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the following spots and pieces:
- Overall system condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Davis Heating & Air Conditioning
Now is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Davis Heating & Air Conditioning pros a call at 540-369-3790 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your next maintenance.