In Rocky Mount you depend on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be preparing for furnace fix-up
visit any day. As a minimum, you might have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and influence your furnace’s efficiency. It could even produce problems with your furnace’s limit switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may require a furnace repair. We’ve collected some indicators for you to search for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in a professional, like Davis Heating & Air Conditioning, if you see any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem tired? Signs related to your blower could suggest a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating at top volume or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and turn off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a obstructed condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC pros to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of issues. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Davis Heating & Air Conditioning at 540-369-3790 when you need to arrange repairs or routine maintenance.