During the cooler Rocky Mount months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Davis Heating & Air Conditioning will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Davis Heating & Air Conditioning as soon as possible if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Davis Heating & Air Conditioning can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Davis Heating & Air Conditioning at 540-369-3790 or arrange an appointment with us online.