Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Rocky Mount season, have the specialists at Davis Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illicitly freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for efficient airflow in the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Davis Heating & Air Conditioning today at 540-369-3790.