Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Rocky Mount are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Davis Heating & Air Conditioning in Rocky Mount will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 540-369-3790 and keep cool this summer.