Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Rocky Mount is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Davis Heating & Air Conditioning constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Davis Heating & Air Conditioning in Rocky Mount at 540-369-3790 today.